Net10 internet cards

Experienced computer users will try to help you out

Moderators: Peanut, Gerrit

Dave Smith
Enter the number thirty two: 32

Net10 internet cards

Postby Dave Smith » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:34 am

Does anyone know anything about Net10 internet cards?

Gerrit
Enter the number thirty two: 32

Re: Net10 internet cards

Postby Gerrit » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:30 pm

It's a prepaid service to get internet via the mobile (phone and data) network by Net10.

Although I don't know Net10, they're not present in Puerto Rico, other providers have similar offers.
Generally speaking internet via a mobile provider is costly and unless you really don't have another option, my advice would be to stay away from it.

If you need or want it, f.i. when you're on the road (a lot) and want to take a laptop or (WiFi only) tablet or, like in my case after the hurricane (no other internet available) it's a great solution. Depending on where you are the speeds are great. The problem is that when you use it a lot you are going to spend a lot of money.

If you really want to use it as your main internet provider I'd suggest to look at unlimited plans and forget about pre-paid. Right now I have an AT&T unlimited plan, shared with my phone. If I use more than 22Gb bandwidth they may throttle my speed down when the network is congested but it still works.

But if you can get internet at home from either a cable company, a phone company or wireless with a (microwave) antenna you'll be better off. Fixed price, unlimited plan, no worries. :)
HP Z220CMT workstation
Core i-7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM - 2x2 1TB RAID1 HD
Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" &
Windows 7 Professional &
Windows 10 Professional

Return to “Ask your questions here!”