Gerrit, "Scam info"

Experienced computer users will try to help you out

Moderators: Peanut, Gerrit

GeneSC
Enter the number thirty two: 32

Gerrit, "Scam info"

Postby GeneSC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:25 pm

If you think you can do it safely, I called my credit card co and got the website that charged my
cc. Roku has contacted me and wanted to know and I think they are trying to prosecute.
If you're interested the website is sixpcparts.com But remember, They Are Scammers!!!!!
Windows 7 Home Premium
version 2009
Service pack 1
Intel (R) core (TM) 2 duo CPU
E4400@ 2.00 GHz
4.00GB of Ram 16bit OS

Gerrit

Re: Gerrit, "Scam info"

Postby Gerrit » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:16 am

Cool! I'll have a look later! (using a Linux computer that's not on the office network)
HP Z220CMT workstation
Core i-7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM - 2x2 1TB RAID1 HD
Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" &
Windows 7 Professional &
Windows 10 Professional

GeneSC

Hit Again!!!!

Postby GeneSC » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Just got my credit card bill for the month and there was the same charge of $230.00 from the same company "PLUS" a new charge of $1,900.00 from a co. named Walking Dude Crafts, Never heard of them, Bank of America is sending a new card and will investigate!!! Damn, I HATE Scammers!!!!
Windows 7 Home Premium
version 2009
Service pack 1
Intel (R) core (TM) 2 duo CPU
E4400@ 2.00 GHz
4.00GB of Ram 16bit OS

Mystery_Girl

Re: Hit Again!!!!

Postby Mystery_Girl » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:54 am

GeneSC wrote:Just got my credit card bill for the month and there was the same charge of $230.00 from the same company "PLUS" a new charge of $1,900.00 from a co. named Walking Dude Crafts, Never heard of them, Bank of America is sending a new card and will investigate!!! Damn, I HATE Scammers!!!!

Me too Gene! Have you heard of the 'Can i ask you a favour' email? This happened to me a few years ago. My yahoo email was hacked and the way it works is when you click on the email it gives a reply [supposedly from the person who owns the address] saying something like 'I am in the UK and I've lost all my money. etc etc. The money when sent, goes to the scammer. :smt067

Fortunately, everyone i knew on my contact list, called me to find out what was going on and none of them got caught by this.
And now there's phishing sites. I read somewhere that the paypal phishing sites are difficult to tell from the authentic ones but I'm sure there is always something that gives it away, like the words which are used.

Gerrit

Re: Hit Again!!!!

Postby Gerrit » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 am

Mystery_Girl wrote:And now there's phishing sites. I read somewhere that the paypal phishing sites are difficult to tell from the authentic ones but I'm sure there is always something that gives it away, like the words which are used.

It's easy to protect yourself against this. NEVER click on a link (from an email, from a search result in Google, Bing etc.) to sensitive sites like f.i. PayPal, bank sites but instead type the address in the address field (NOT in the search field) of the browser.
For PayPal type: https://paypal.com and you know for a fact you will get to PayPal.
HP Z220CMT workstation
Core i-7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM - 2x2 1TB RAID1 HD
Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" &
Windows 7 Professional &
Windows 10 Professional

Return to “Ask your questions here!”