Kindle books

Experienced computer users will try to help you out

Moderators: Peanut, Gerrit

Dave Smith

Kindle books

Post by Dave Smith » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Can a kindle book be downloaded on a computer and be put on CD?
Dave <*)))><

GeneSC

Re: Kindle books

Post by GeneSC » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Dave, I haven't tried to do that but, kindle books are just "files" and with the right cd or even "thumb drives" I think it would be possible. Maybe Gerrit will see this and can give you better info.
Just wondering tho, A tablet or Kindle reader (I have 2) will hold thousands of books, why would you need to put one on a cd?
Windows 7 Home Premium
version 2009
Service pack 1
Intel (R) core (TM) 2 duo CPU
E4400@ 2.00 GHz
4.00GB of Ram 16bit OS

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:20 pm

I like to take breaks from reading. Then go back to it.
Even if I could download and store them in a folder in my documents would be great.
My eyes are going bad and I find it easier to read the monitor than printed matter.
I don't own a tablet or I pad and refuse to become a slave to it.
It was on the news here lately that children are becoming addicted to them
and not using their minds for better things.
Dave <*)))><

Gerrit

Post by Gerrit » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 pm

Yes, you can download Kindle books to your PC (or laptop).

Get the free Kindle app for PC or Mac from Amazon so you can read the books on your 'puter.

In your Amazon account (after logging in) you go to Your Content and Devices. There you'll find a list of Kindle books that you bought.
Click on the Actions button in front of the book title and you'll be presented with different options, one of them is Download and transfer via USB. That's the option you want. :)

About getting addicted to a phone or tablet, that's something that you can easily avoid. I own all kinds of mobile devices and use them when I want/need. The addicted kids are checking the "social apps" like facebook, snapchat, whatsapp, instagram etc. all the time. I don't have any of them on a mobile device.
Then again, I spent a lot of time behind the screens in my office but that's where I make a living... :shock:
HP Z220CMT workstation
Core i-7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM - 2x2 1TB RAID1 HD
Linux Mint 19.1 "Tessa" &
Windows 7 Professional &
Windows 10 Professional