Clear Password Administrator Windows 10

Experienced computer users will try to help you out

Moderators: Peanut, Gerrit

Kurt

Clear Password Administrator Windows 10

Post by Kurt » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:51 pm

Gerrit either gave me or pointed me to an ISO CD that cleared passwords on Windows. However it doesn't work on Windows 10 and I need to clear the Administrator password on my laptop.
I don't have a password on my account and reading I guess if I had set up the computer with a password that password would might have also been the password for the administrator.
I used net user administrator /active:yes to turn on the administrator but I can't access it.

I've searched the Internet and nobody seems to have a way to get into that account. I just assumed you guys might be better informed.
Thank you

Gerrit

Re: Clear Password Administrator Windows 10

Post by Gerrit » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Long time no see, Kurt. :)

I saw your email about this subject, too but since I'm busy to meet a deadline on a development project, I didn't answer yet.

I always used the Peter Nordahl boot disk for this and as far as I know it should also work on Windows 10.
Here's a tutorial with links: https://www.cocosenor.com/articles/wind ... login.html

If it doesn't work, please let me know and I'll try to find another option. Since (unfortunately) many of clients are reluctantly changing to Windows 10 and (I have to admit it) am using it every now and then as well, I will have to have a utilty for this handy...
HP Z220CMT workstation
Core i-7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM - 2x2 1TB RAID1 HD
Linux Mint 19.1 "Tessa" &
Windows 7 Professional &
Windows 10 Professional

Kurt

Re: Clear Password Administrator Windows 10

Post by Kurt » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:27 pm

Thank you Gerrit,
I just haven't had a lot of computer problems of late. After 40 years of working on Microsoft computers I've got a lot of minor stuff working.
Now this darn Windows 10 has a lot of new quirks.
I'll check out the link and see.