Welcome! (New users: please read this first )

Experienced computer users will try to help you out

Moderators: Peanut, Gerrit

Gerrit

Welcome! (New users: please read this first )

Post by Gerrit » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:09 pm

Welcome to the Computer Newbies Help Forum!

This is the place where experienced users will try to help you with computer related questions.

Please don't hesitate to ask a question and remember:
There are no stupid questions, plenty of stupid answers though!

Just start a new topic, ask your question and check back in to see if your question has been answered.

Some rules:

Anybody can visit this board and read the messages. To be able to post here, we ask you to register. Registering is simple, just click on "Register" on the top of the page. You will be asked to choose a username and a password. We also ask you to enter a valid email address. On this email address you will receive a confirmation email within an hour. Please follow the directions given in this email and you'll be all set.
Should you not receive an activation email, please send me an email - click on the email button under this message - and I will activate your account manually!
Another advantage you'll get from registering is access to the archives. We keep lots of old messages in the archives. You might find the information you need there!

We'd like to keep this this forum clean.
That means: no political or religious posts, no commercial stuff, no personal attacks.
Violators are warned once and banned from this board after the second offence - no exceptions!

In this section only computer related questions and answers are allowed.

General computer related topics should be discussed in the Technical Discussions section.

The Linux board is for all Linux related subjects.

For off-topic stuff, please go to the Café Shop section.

Thanks for your co-operation and have fun here!
HP Z220CMT workstation
Core i-7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM - 2x2 1TB RAID1 HD
Linux Mint 19.1 "Tessa" &
Windows 7 Professional &
Windows 10 Professional