I've got my finger right on the pulse Peanut

This is a board for audio questions, discussions covering Apple, Microsoft, and all those in between. Portable, streaming, editing, etc.

Moderator: Peanut

M-man

I've got my finger right on the pulse Peanut

Postby M-man » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:53 am

Larry, I joked a while back about this, but now I think you can see I'm a man way ahead of my time when it comes to what's goin' down on the street. :roll: :roll: :roll: :D

!!!Wind her up, and get on down and boogie!!!

Peanut
Enter the number thirty two: 0

Postby Peanut » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:39 am

That is pretty cool. It looks like a small brick to carry around but I love the idea.

I've often wondered about motorized devices wasting the centrifugal energy once they have performed their job. For example - take a simple vacuum cleaner. The motor is used to create suction and drive a "beater bar" to help loosen crud to be vacuumed. Once that action is completed the result of the left over energy is just a warm breeze coming out of a vent. I wonder if that could be captured and used to create electricity to go back into your home power "grid". Something like a mini generator attached to the vacuum ... Kind of like having one plug to draw power to run the vacuum and one plug to deliver power back. Even if the resulting energy going back into the "grid" is 1/10th of the original draw it is still better than nothing at all. Hmmm.
- Peanut/Larry

Salmoneye
Enter the number thirty two: 0

Postby Salmoneye » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:47 am

M-man

Postby M-man » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:34 pm

Another here, and then we better stop. It's drifting away from audio. :?
Free energy.

This is an Irish company so it could be a lot of blarney.

http://www.steorn.com/

Return to “Audio Board”