phillips sa6045

This is a board for audio questions, discussions covering Apple, Microsoft, and all those in between. Portable, streaming, editing, etc.

Moderator: Peanut

wfw

phillips sa6045

Postby wfw » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:15 am

I got a new mp3 player, a phillips go gear sa6045, 4 gig. I loaded about 362 songs on it and it plays great, but, somehow it changes the song name, for instance the song says 'hey porter' by johny cash but it is really playing "you're so vain" by carly simom. I tried renaming the songs, reloading some of the songs, even deleting and then reloading but it hasn't helped, not all the songs are named incorrectly, just some of them. I am thinking about deleting all the music and then reloading it to see if that helps. does anyone have a clue as to why this is or how to fix it??

thanks for any and all sugestions.

frank

Salmoneye
Enter the number thirty two: 0

Re: phillips sa6045

Postby Salmoneye » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:22 pm

wfw wrote:I got a new mp3 player, a phillips go gear sa6045, 4 gig. I loaded about 362 songs on it and it plays great, but, somehow it changes the song name, for instance the song says 'hey porter' by johny cash but it is really playing "you're so vain" by carly simom. I tried renaming the songs, reloading some of the songs, even deleting and then reloading but it hasn't helped, not all the songs are named incorrectly, just some of them. I am thinking about deleting all the music and then reloading it to see if that helps. does anyone have a clue as to why this is or how to fix it??

thanks for any and all sugestions.

frank

Last time I saw this it was an iPod and I didn't use their software...

Did this come with software, did you use it and is it proprietary, or can you just drag and drop like a memory stick?

wfwolfe

Postby wfwolfe » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:34 pm

It came with a disc which had windows mediaplayer 11 on it plus other stuff, I loaded the disc, including wmp11, which i do not like, and tried loading mp3's per instructions via wmp 11 by syncing the device to wmp 11, it loaded way to much, at that point i found out I could treat it like a flash drive, drag and drop, everything else works as it should, pictures seem to be correct, loaded via drag and drop, videos had to be run through phillips program in order to work on the device but that did not change the name of the file.

thanks for your help salmoneye, I apreciate it

frank

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:40 pm

Frank,

Am I to understand that you verified the files (MP3) on your computer are correct (name matches the audio)?

If so, I would consider wiping the MP3 player clean (and I mean clean). Reformat it if you have that option. Then try a reload by dragging and dropping about three files onto the MP3 player. Then verify they are copying over to the device properly. Assuming all is correct, then you can do bulk copying with the same Drag and Drop.

WMP is decent to look at but it is not the nicest program to work with. It seems to want to do things a specific way. If you don't follow what it wants you to do nothing works at all. Kind of a PITA. Since Drag and Drop works for you I would stick to that.
- Peanut/Larry

Salmoneye

Postby Salmoneye » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Peanut wrote:Frank,
Since Drag and Drop works for you I would stick to that.

I agree...I have no trouble when I treat most players as a memory stick...

wfwolfe

Postby wfwolfe » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Yes, on my computer the songs are correct, the name matches the music. I think my nest step is to delete everything and start all over. I do not know if i can format the player or not, not sure if i want to as the video and picture files are correct.

Thanks for your help.

frank

wfwolfe

Postby wfwolfe » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:57 am

I dumped all my music last night and reloaded it, used drag and drop, so far everything seems to be correct. I think it is a problem when using wmp 11 to load music to my player. I am thinking about going back to my earlier version of media player.
Thanks for the advise and help.
:D

Frank

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:01 pm

Good deal. Holler back if you still have problems.
- Peanut/Larry

Return to “Audio Board”