Clod's music

This is a board for audio questions, discussions covering Apple, Microsoft, and all those in between. Portable, streaming, editing, etc.

Moderator: Peanut

Clod
Enter the number thirty two: 0

Clod's music

Postby Clod » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:09 am

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/dontdo ... 20me1b.mp3 <> STARTED OUT LIKE THIS <><>DON'T TELL ME <><><>Almost finished with the song

Patria
Administrator
Enter the number thirty two: 32

Re: Clod's music

Postby Patria » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:04 am

Nice! Is that you?

:edit: [8 hours later]

Yes it's you. :)

Keep us posted on your music work!

Clod

Postby Clod » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:31 pm

(KINDA) I just make a tune and fake some words in one attempt then send the "song" to a recording studio in Texas.The owner claims he can make real music with them.I just get it started.Before I put any work into this I am going to order a Simpson,Or Sampson portable mic that gets the sound clear without any adjusting,I use Audacity .Lame. ( Lame converts the sound to MP3s) Audacity has a bunch of controls to design sound but I have not learned how to make it work.Anyway.I rip out a song or two a day in hopes that numbers beats quality.Recording engineers today use computer digital and can make a good sound out of bad ones.That is good because I make a lot of bad ones and sound engineers need something to practice on.These programs.(Including Dropbox) work with Linux.I think the song above was my Rod Stewart voice.George Jones was too muddy.I'm working on Elvis now.LOL!

Clod

Postby Clod » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:57 pm

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/walkin%20a.mp3 < I sit on my front porch.There is a little road in front and the bayou runs by .Now and then a boat goes by with a load of cajuns .They look.Smile and wave at me and wonder why I set up here with my guitar everyday. Then some pass walking down the road.They smile and wave.I wave back .There is a cheap radio on the porch .I like the cheap radio sound.So this is how it sounds.I started another song and included the radio sound.

Clod

Postby Clod » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:27 pm

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/bad%20a.mp3 Another I am working on. Maybe the words are hard to understand.People make up their own words anyway so I leave 'em a gap to fill in. <> Now as I set on the boat dock in the evening as the sun goes down with my guitar I never know who will drop by . In the next song.IF it ever uploads,, is where Eric Clapton comes up and ask me to let him try my guitar.I had to show him where E chord was but he caught on OK.

Clod

Postby Clod » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:48 am

This one is not written by me.It is music here in La I liked in the good ole days when I had my 55 Chevy hot rod and a pretty Cajun girl to help me push start it.>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/.wav

Clod

Postby Clod » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Where I am here in Louisianna.There used to be a big plantation before the Civil war. This bayou is where the people used to meet on weekends after picking cotton in the hot Sun through the week in the hot climate.It was a good way to inspire Blues music.So a lot was created right here on the edge of the bayou.So the guys in England come here today to try to figure out how to make blues songs.You know people like Eric Clapton?Well.I sit out on the dock in the evenings and about dark one of these guys might stagger up and look around.On one evening Eric Clapton walked up beside me and says.Let me try that song. I had to show him how to make the chords. You can hear me giving instructions.He didn't like my CHEAP NADY mic very well. >>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/bayouc.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:26 pm

My Linux geek pal said that if I order the Sampson mic I could plug both into the USB port and use the Sampson for voice and the Nady for guitar and make my song clear.I am writing this.I will try it again with two mics later >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/back3.wav Still has the kinks in it .

Clod

Postby Clod » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:55 pm

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/strange2.mp3 >><<strangers make the best friends.>>><<<

Clod

Postby Clod » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:43 pm

I was setting the dock again last night with my laptop and an old black blues singer.He often comes down there at dark to fish and play a few songs. Here comes Rod Stewart and sets down on a keg and says.Let me work on that darn mic of yours a minute then I will try a song while you clap your hands to the beat.I always like a drummer..I say .Ok.I hope you can beat me.You Englishmen have not shown me much lately.You need to move over here where the blues and rock and roll started.He said,Well I made a few million.How much have you made? I said nothing.The big fat cats steal my songs and give them to you guys to do.He said,Well we are professionals.I said.Well don't do my songs.Pick one you know..So off he goes on this little ditty >>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/sentamental6.mp3 <<<it should be finished on the upload in the next few hours. DIALUP HERE!

Gerrit

Postby Gerrit » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:20 am

Not bad, Clod, not bad at all. :)
HP Z220CMT workstation
Core i-7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM - 2x2 1TB RAID1 HD
Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" &
Windows 7 Professional &
Windows 10 Professional

Clod

Postby Clod » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:07 am

Hey,Thanks Gerritt! I used to wear out a lot of cassette tapes trying to get my sound right but before I wear out this new computer hard drive I can make this cheap microphone work. .It seems to indicate that digital sound has some possibilities. I knock my mic off the coffee can now and then but I am going to try to get one good song without the all defects.

Clod

Postby Clod » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Those little PC speakers are no match for good headphones.They have to fake the low range because they are 2 inch speakers.The headphones have a flat response .If I do music that sounds good on headphones it don't sound good on PC speakers.Then I try to get good speaker sound and its sounds bad on headphones.I believe the output of the computer should be connected to a good stereo system.. with good speakers.A lot of them today fake the bass.

Clod

Postby Clod » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:04 pm

OK.I have some thoughts on this subject. A PC is made to do a lot of different jobs.A digital CD portacorder is made to do this kind of work.That is the best tool

Gerrit

Postby Gerrit » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:03 pm

When I lived in Germany I was playing keyboards in a jazz/blues band and I had a small music studio in my house. I used one of the first Pentium computers and had a 12 channel mixer connected to it.
I don't have that equipment here, it was all on 230 Volts (like all electrical stuff in Europe).

We didn't record a lot. Keyboards, bass and guitar are not so difficult to capture; the sax and drums are difficult; they require a lot of microphones and a bigger mixer.
Playing live was more our 'thing'.

HP Z220CMT workstation
Core i-7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM - 2x2 1TB RAID1 HD
Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" &
Windows 7 Professional &
Windows 10 Professional

Return to “Audio Board”