Clod's music

This is a board for audio questions, discussions covering Apple, Microsoft, and all those in between. Portable, streaming, editing, etc.

Moderator: Peanut

Clod
Enter the number thirty two: 0

Re: Clod's music

Postby Clod » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:58 pm

When I was young and in the 6th grade my friend Bohunk liked to skip school and go swimming.But at times we hid in the bushes by a black beer joint to hear the music.We thought it was OK..It was not yet integrated in Texas.(We all got along well before that) We had black friends though. Anyway we liked to sneek over there and listen to their music.So we did.One day the town policeman snuck up behind us.He was a Mexican cop.The most honest the town ever had.But we feared him a lot. Just as got close we took off running through the weeds and off down the tram road where he couldn't drive.He shot in the air.We knew he was not going to shoot at us but we ran faster.The music that time was about like this one.{CC Rider} >>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/cc%20rider.mp3 <> {This may not load until tomorrow.}

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:30 am

Hey Clod, glad to see you back and enjoying the music. I haven't been on the board as much as I normally have been. I have some catching up to do on your posts.
- Peanut/Larry

Clod

Postby Clod » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:13 am

Peanut wrote:Hey Clod, glad to see you back and enjoying the music. I haven't been on the board as much as I normally have been. I have some catching up to do on your posts.
I am glad to see you finally checked in over here. I am experimenting with Audacity.I don't want to read all the instructions to find each little trick that I want to know. I know you do sound programs like music and maybe you know some of the things I want to know.I want to do sound on sound.Gerrit told me one thing I already tried. But it puts the second track out of time on the original.I just do things mainly to save to an external hard drive to re do later with better sound. But I have been doing jobs over in town and plan to wait until I get caught up.A man with a studio in Texas wants me to come over to his equipment but that would turn into stress and work.I want him to put some professionals on the songs I sent.I mess up too much and don't like to practice on one song for an hour to get it right.Anyway you can join in because the pros are not around here,This spot is for amatures. I need a horn in the band.If you find a duck caller in the key of C that would do fine. I listen to Mexican music at times on my truck radio, I think that is what they use.

Clod

Postby Clod » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Been busy with Miller welders,Big air compressors and meter loops.

Clod

Postby Clod » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Well.I never wooda guessed it but I was setting on the front porch last Tuesday and looked down the Road Of Roses I saw Desire walking in my direction.Three possums ,A coon and four nutrea rats was right behind her.She walks up and hops over the railing of the porch and jumped into the porch swing by me and says.Lets go gator hunting tonight!Just like old times. I says.Well what about Elvis?She said.Oh , He don't like hunting and fishing. He likes to race little cars on a table or do inside stuff. He can't fix things like old Packards because he hates grease. I want a man who is not afraid of grease and mud. I says . Well. You came to the right place.I just put an injector pump on a Miller Trailblazer 55 D and welded that old iron gate down at the brown house on Road of Roses ,You know.Where we met? She says.Yep! What a day that was.. You had that 55 Chevy with the dump truck transmission and a Chet Herbert roller cam in the 327 small block. It was about that time that Elvis plopped down on the other end of the swing .He picked the old Gibson flat top leaned against the wall and started singing . >> It went kinda like this here >>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/lonesome%20tonight.mp3 She says.Oh shoot Elvis you can find a girlfriend at the big Cajun festaval Friday night.There are plenty of pretty girls at that thing.

Clod

Postby Clod » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Elvis , Your song takes a long time to load .Here is one <> I said.Hey Elvis let me see that guitar a minute .I got a song for you to work on tonight while we are hunting gators.You finish the words and we will get some of those guys in the band with more instruments and finish it up..It is one you might get into. A guy looses his woman and takes off on a freight train and gets down to Mexico awhile then goes back to New Orleans.This train only slows to thirty miles an hour going through Houston so do be a fool and jump off and land those big sharp rocks like I did.Don't jump in a sulphur hopper car.You can't get out without a friend to hold up to grab the top edge and the loose sulphur burns your eyes all the way. Let's call it a thousand miles of railroad track.That is about how far the trip is.I put a chu chu train horn in it. Well work on that tonight. There is a big ole pot of cowboy coffee on the stove. Where is my carbide headlamp .We will holler when we get back ole pal. >> RR Tracks song >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/rr%20tracks.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:59 pm

Well.We had a lot of trouble getting phone man out here to fix the line.My buddy had connections to Baton Rouge and they order the man to come fix the line.(KINDA) Anyway he said I don't like to come out here.It is the end of the wire.There are stories that UFO are based out here in the swamp.Giant gators and lions.Elvis and Jacks Beanstalk.He found a bad spice but he was afraid to go in the attic of this old house.He says its a haunted house and he will not go up in the attic no matter what. Anyway.I had some stuff that will be a long time uploading.But here is Elvis >> Well.As it turned out.Elvis didn't finish that song I asked him to. He was off somewheres when we got back. I noticed my Gibson flatop missing as was the electrical testors I invented.Then I found a note laying on top of a book from the 2nd armored division where I went to basic after Elvis had.I saw a picture of the 1st Sgt circled with an ink pen,It was my old sarge that gave me a Gibson that Elvis gave him when he went through basic in a previous time.It was the same guitar Elvis had given him. So I guess he missed it. The note said .I liked the testors.I wanted to be an electrician before I started making money with music.I know you won't mind if I borrow these things until I get back on my train ride.After all you've got the girl.I will be back as soon as I can get my traveling done pal. About that time Desire looked to see the old logging train headed out of the swamp.It had one box car ahead of all the log cars and there set Elvis with his legs dangling out the door holding up the Gibson and smiling.He was playing a song. Me and Desire jumped on my BSA 650 and took out after the train .It was building speed up to pull up out of the swamps and up the hills up through the little loggging town up by Fort Polk.That is where we caught up and beside the boxcar.We waved bye and Desire said ,> YALL COME BACK! Elvis grinned like a big ole summer possum and said > Don't take any wooden nickles!As you may notice the sound is not up to par but we were clipping along at 70 MPH by the time we reached the crossing signal at De Ridder La..(That BSA take cross ties pretty good.) The little town become darkened with a great black cloud for about half an hour because it is an old steam locomotive.Nomally the steam boiler is fied by coal.But as there is no coal to be found here in the swamps the engineer burns pine knots and saves the good wood to sell at the big log mills.=== By the way.Without good headphones you may miss the crossing signal. BVut anyways ,We stopped off in the town to get a swig of tea at a little cafe on main. It was there that a Hollywood movie producer happened to be passing through town.He took notice of Desire and said he has headed of the Road Of Roses and may look around and see if there is anything interesting enough to make a movie about.So you just never know,, As I happen to know that Rednecks control Hollywood I think the odds are pretty good that you may see Desire with your own eyes.<><>TRAINTRAIN>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/TRAINTRAIN.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Now you may find my story unbelievable so far.Well ,You had better get out now while you are in a stage of doubt because it is going to get unbearablly unbelievable. Out in the darkest swamps and largest thicket there is a giant lion.Like I said before nobody goes out there in fear of the giant gator.Some have reported giant cat like tracks up near the farms close to the swamps but lucky they were treated as if they reported Bigfoot and no one really belived the stories. The lion was brought back from Africa by the old Frenchman when he moved here after the Indo China war.He served in Senigal a few months after he served in the Foreign Legion Riverine force . He brought the lion home after he deserted the Foreign Legion and moved secretly to the USA .The lion was a pet for Desire but grew to large to keep at their hut on the bayou.They let the lion loose in the swamp where it finds food and safety from the feds who would pen it up in some fenced in place.So only we know of the big lion in the forest here. It comes around some evenings and we have no fear of it at all.Desire pets it like a housecat. So there are two huge old oaks along the edge of the thickets and a sandy side of the bayou that I put two hammocks up and we lay out until dark and wait for the lion to come by many evenings so she can give it candy. It likes Snickers best.If it hears us making some noise it comes over to see. It likes this song because it has the words .Lion and jungle.( The only words it knows,, In English) >> The Lion sleeps>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/jungle.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:06 pm

This one is for those who go and take all the risk and suffer the most in our wars and stand there looking directly eye to eye with the man the country sent him to put out of commission.It is the rare politician that is likely to experience what these guys do nor will their own will ever confront the so called enemy face to face with a weapon that can put you into the next world in an instant.Soldiers are trained to react without thinking.But I suspect things do not all fall into place just like the books say they are supposed to.Any human will have thoughts of his own to tend to before he pulls the trigger but to delay is surely death so out goes a projectile at 3000 feet per second that decides the day .A good process to get a ticket for a round trip with attached memories.Then the soldier hears a smart guy with excessive education say . "Turn the page." OVER? >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/over2.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanksgiving.Not much new to report.They drink beer and danced around.I wanted Bar B Que but they had boiled crayfish >>Thanksgiving Cajuns > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/THANKS ... CAJUNS.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:34 pm

(This one might take two hours to upload thanks to the phone man)---- So. There are more secrets on the Road Of Roses than the average person can imagine.For instance. Only Desire ,The old Frenchman and I know of this. People were told of Jack and the beanstalk.They were told it was in England where the boy came home with magic beans.It was not really England.It was here on the Road of Roses .Down at the end is an old house where the kid and his mom lived during the civil war The kids dad never returned and it was accepted that he fell on the field of battle way up somewhere around Richmond Virgina.The family was left to starve.But after the kid abducted the goose that layed golden eggs the family bought a big mansion down in Galveston and done very well. One day me and Desire noticed the vine had grown back into the sky again.We decided to climb it. We got up to pink clouds.It was nice there. Rainbows were everywhere. I climbed up higher to look.I saw the castle of the giant up above about 800 more meters.We decided to hang out on the pink cloud and not draw attention of the giant. The old Frenchman told us he was the Sheriff of the music police of the entire world.Only he can decide what is or not is music.He has people down on Earth under his command. They want to decide what everyone hears so they make themselves available at any sound to evaluate if it complies with rules and regulations. They pretend authority and some are armed with fully automatic weapons.We just avoid them and do whatever we want.After all.We don't really play by rules devised by people because we are angels,,,( KINDA) We can get up and walk on clouds so we qualify. The clouds are soft like cotton candy and you sink up to your knees but it is nice to lay on the clouds.We go up there often and she named it story book land.I said . That is a good choice ,,, I was satisfied so we named it that.We also renamed the road too. If we don't like a name we change it.After all we are angels.We decided not to be people awhile back.People have obstructed imagination. We are free thinkers. Minds are slaves to thoughts of whom ever puts out the thoughts at at the prison of thoughts.People chain themselves to this syndrome willingly. Like I said.We are free thinkers.( angels too!)So here is what it is like in story book land. At the bottom of the vine is a Stihl Farmhand chainsaw with a 20 inch cutting bar. We made a vow that if a people finds the vine that I will saw it down.Or in addition if we discover a music police convention at the giants castle I will cut the vine and leave them all up there to their own devices.P.S.Storybook land is where we go to finish our songs when we decide which ones we want to keep.Because we are angels we can put the London simpathy ochestra up there anytime we require their services.Oh yes.Nobody can tell us how to spell any word.We spell things our way.The benefits of not being a people give us unlimited opportunities. I took my laptop up there to make this song.Storybook land >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/storybook.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:57 pm

This is about a guy who comes walking by my porch some days.He lives out in the woods.The old Frenchman said he was in Vietnam and got into some kind of political trouble.Anyway he stays out there alone and only says hello when he comes by my porch.I never finished a song about him because I don't know all of the story on him . (Except that he likes to be free from politicians) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/wana%20be%20free.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Then last week I looked down the Road of roses to see a big strong looking man walking my way.He had a pack on his back and a millatry bearing about him.A man of good nature.He stopped at my porch front.He says hiya mate! Nice day is it not? I figured out he was from Australia right off.I said every day is nice here in these parts.What brings you here, I can tell an Aussie a mile away. He says.Do you know of a guy that makes up songs and never finishes them? I said ,Not really.Does he supposed to live around here?.He said.Well do you know of a guy who lives in a hollow tree?I says ,Yep he passes this way on some days.How would you know him.The Aussie says I was with the Special Air Service in Vietnam and that guy was in the 173rd Airborne.He broke some regulations to save us during a Christmas ceasefire.He was a Huey pilot.The army had to cover up the affair and sent the man back to the states then released him from the army to make the Washington politicians happy.I found out through my informants he was likely to found here in these swamps and woods ,,So here I am.I pointed at the trail where the road ends and said.Go that way and look for jungle boot tracks.I am sure you can find him.So the big Aussie struck out.I grabbed my guitar from under the porch swing and tried to do a song from my memories.The big Aussie looked back and laughed. I thought you was the one. {Aussie} > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/aussie.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 pm

This old house was once owned by Thomas Edison long ago.(A sort of a summer home.) He had several of those around the country .He sent the inventor Nkola Tesla here to be alone to experiment.Some of his weird experiments were conducted here.Upstairs there are all kinds of weird experimental things.Another reason the phone man refused to go up in the attic and check the wires because he knew of Nokla Tesla being here and heard stories the house was haunted.I go up there some nights and hear the weirdest sounds and see strange visions.Lighting and halograpic things.Strange sounds. Echoes.I decided to do a Christmas song up there because Tesla was one of my greatest heroes.He died broke.Got no respect for his accomplishments.No highways or bridges named after him.He did more for the USA than all the politicians and generals combined but he died broke.Anyway I go up there often and stay awhile to look at the devices he left there when he was called back to NYC and died before he could return.Anyhow,It sounds like a weird Christmas song with all the echoes.But I like weird more than ordinary any day. CHRISTMAS W2>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/w2b.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm

There came a big thunder storm that lasted four days.Water came to the bottom of my porch.As a matter a fact the storm blew the tin off the roof of the porch.The Cajuns love water because it grows crayfish and rice so they dance in the rain.So as not to offend my friends the Cajuns I sit out on the porch in the middle of the storm singing the song below.If you listen you can hear the thunder .Some Cajuns came by the porch and looked to see why I am not in the water.So I waded out there where they were.My guitar was underwater but they all was delighted I celebrated the storm with them.>> It is already a song by a man from Houston but I named it BS DAY >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/BRIGHT%20SUNNY.mp3

Return to “Audio Board”