Clod's music

This is a board for audio questions, discussions covering Apple, Microsoft, and all those in between. Portable, streaming, editing, etc.

Moderator: Peanut

Clod
Enter the number thirty two: 0

Re: Clod's music

Postby Clod » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:49 pm

I happened to look in my computer after Elvis took off.I see he left me a song to finish.I probably never will.Too much goes on around here. The uploads will be done monyana maybe. >> {YOUR WINDOW} {YOUR WINDOW} Last night I saw you at your windw- You and he alone ,dancing oh so close.+ And you room was lit by candle glow <><> The rain fell softly as I stood there. I just found me alone- My whole life was gone ,And the Autum leaves fell softly in the air .<><> Last night I saw you at your window.I walked slowly home. Down the lonely lane ,Back the way I came. <><> <> Last night I saw you at your window . By the firelight on a winter night. - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/YOUR%20WINDOW.mp3

Salmoneye

Postby Salmoneye » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:38 am

Clod wrote:I happened to look in my computer after Elvis took off.I see he left me a song to finish.I probably never will.Too much goes on around here. The uploads will be done monyana maybe. >> {YOUR WINDOW} {YOUR WINDOW} Last night I saw you at your windw- You and he alone ,dancing oh so close.+ And you room was lit by candle glow <><> The rain fell softly as I stood there. I just found me alone- My whole life was gone ,And the Autum leaves fell softly in the air .<><> Last night I saw you at your window.I walked slowly home. Down the lonely lane ,Back the way I came. <><> <> Last night I saw you at your window . By the firelight on a winter night. - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/YOUR%20WINDOW.mp3

I like it...

Clod

Postby Clod » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:32 am

We had a meeting.We decided to give Salmoneye honorary lifetime membership to the Road of Roses fraternity with access to the beanstalk and the pink cloud.Also you will be able to look through the Tesla collection and meet all the celebrities that pass through.We have determined that you are capable of independent thinking..If you decide to make your way down and opt out of the people system.Wait for the logging train in the sawmill town up near Ft Polk.You can't miss it.

Salmoneye

Postby Salmoneye » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm only riding if the Lombard Log Hauler is pulling that train...

Clod

Postby Clod » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Salmoneye wrote:I'm only riding if the Lombard Log Hauler is pulling that train...
You forgot.As member of the Road Of Roses fraternity with access to the pink cloud.So this makes you an angel.You only have to decide who you want to be the engineer and it is as good as done.You could call up Casey Jones if you wish. We decided to include Gerrit and Peanut and bestow them full memberships.There was a welder here from Texas.But we have concluded that his dog is part of the order of the secret music police.He was placed there to keep check on the welder who owns a flute.

Clod

Postby Clod » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:12 am

NO ELECTRICITY TODAY >> They are going to work on the two strands of barb wire that supplies electricity to our swamp. Be off all day.{Or until they get it working}

Clod

Postby Clod » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:39 am

I will be gone today awhile moving some things to the new shop my partner bought.I will have all kinds of welding equipment.Air tools and electronics things to play with .Also high speed internet connections when it is all hooked up.Willy Nelson dropped by but might be all day uploading.Then the elect is out from 8 AM until they figure out how to fix it . Willy decided to join our kinda music program while he was on a visit to the area.<> It so happened that Willy Nelson showed up at my house a few days ago.I thought he came by to pay me that ten bucks he borrowed ten years ago but he never mentioned it. I asked what brought him over to these parts.He said the judge in Lafayette wanted him to pick up paper and cans along the highways on altering weekends.Then I remembered Willy and his bus got stopped in Lafayette and the police found some kind of weed on the bus but it was not hay. He said lets run down to that little bar in town and have a beer. I says well I will bring cornbread and buttermilk but I will go with you. He said is that little old lady still there that used to sell papers and ribbons? I said.I don't know.I have not been there since 68 or 69.I think you wrote a song about her didn't you? Anyway we got there and found the lady passed on, But Willy brought his guitar and did the song while I ate my cornbread and buttermilk.I forgot my Nady mic and laptop but as I remember the song went kinda like this >>Papers >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/papers.mp3 <>======<<<<{{{ You can never been certain of success, but you can be certain of failure if you never try.}}}

Clod

Postby Clod » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:18 pm

I am not unlike a lot of people on this planet. Most all people face problems and challenges all their lives.Some add to their own share of problems by taking on extra things for one reason or another.Some are asked by their country to do things they may prefer to avoid normally.Then the young often create difficulities of their own just to see if they can handle the things by miscalculating their capabilities.Most young are a bit foolish by nature.Some are forced by their fate to go through very difficult times.The military knows a lot about the young.They know they will go in groups and do things they would not do as individuals. It becomes ingrained in the mind of the young to suffer through things just to how they can handle it.But humans face a lot of situations and many just go right on and maybe they come out OK. With all we have .It seems we are not much better off than a lowly bug in the forest.The young get older and grow tired of the difficulties but they are left with little choice but charge on ahead.Once I went looking for things that looked almost impossible.Now I consider I was only more lucky than a master of difficult situations. Life for most is crossing wide rivers.Finally one as where is that last river? What is on the other side? Is it worth it all? Maybe I will just sit and let the fools charge on ahead.Nothing is on the other side any better than the side I am on now. The thrill of victory is not worth risking the agony of defeat. Then some good things come along at times. They last only awhile. So this is a weird song not finished.Not very clear without headphones. But it says all I want to say.I may work on it and finish it later. {A RIVER } http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/a%20river.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Hey Salmon Eye. AMAZING! Desire came running over to my porch with two bottles of maple syrup made in Vermont.She said one for you and one for me. I said where did you find those? She said she was out at the log loading crane at the tracks and a new train pulled up.She walked up to the engine to look.The engineer gave her the syrup.He said the local engine blew a boiler because of pine knot soot clogging the chimley.The log company called for a replacement.He said he came from up N.E. and his train was called the Lombard Log Hauler.From now on be careful of what you wish for. You may get whatever it is. Don't wish for gold .A big nugget may fall from the sky right on top of your head.You have powers now that average people can not even believe exist.

Clod

Postby Clod » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:47 pm

There was a young man here in the South East texas area when I was in high school.He made a couple of good hits that everyone along the Gulf Coast area played on the jukeboxes a lot.It was expected he would do really good and continue in music because his records were played all over the area and we all liked his music.( Maybe the young ones of us)But one night he was on stage with a big audience.He slung his guitar over his shoulder and walked out and never made another song after that. We suspect that the music police took care of him and put him out of the music world.He has told nobody about what happened.As a matter a fact he sits right here with me now.He gave me permission to butcher one of his songs.As usual I may miss a word or two but I have no worry of the music police now here on the Road Of Roses.( Being a member of the "fraternity") >>Lamp of Love by ?--------------? > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/lamp%20of%20love3.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:44 am

Well.It was a quite day on the Road Of Roses and often I sit in the porch swing and watch the nutrea rats play in the bayou.They crawl up on logs and pick at pelicans that land too close. I had my guitar messing around and noticed a big black car though the palmetoes and cypress trees.The car was parked around the curve.So I was just enjoying the weather and flowers.After a minute the car spun out heading my way.It slammed on the brakes in front of my porch and the back bumper was even with my steps.I saw a big sign on the door {{MUSIC POLICE}} The back bumper sported two 8 ft tall CB antennas and they kept shaking for a minute after the car skidded to a halt.It was a big old black 53 Buick Roadmaster with four fake exhaust pipes on the front fenders.It had a continental kit in the back and fender skirts with white god father tires. A big man of about 300 pounds jumps out and walks up to the steps.I noticed a big .44 revolver on his hip.He had his hand on the butt of the pistol.I had an old Winchester model 97 sawed off pump 12 gauge leaning against the wall nearby with double O buckshot. He props is big ole foot on the first step and says.Padna,, I am the music police in these parts.I sat down the road with a parabolic microphone and taped everything you done in the last ten minutes.I heard those sour notes on the end of everything you did. You missed most of the lyrics. You ran out of tune and missed the beat.But worst of all the sour notes on the end will get you hard time and bread and water until you get your dues paid the professional musicians society. I says.That so? I whistled three times and from behind the house comes Desire with the big lion that is six foot tall sitting.He let out a loud roar and the big guy lit out on foot as fast his legs would waddle and in a second he was out of sight.I said.Wonder why they always run out there in the swamp where that big gator looks for dinner? Well.. Lets shove that old car back out to the highway so they can find it.. These people never learn . Here is the song that got his dander up >> Desperado. It does sound kinda bad,,,,,,,,,,But who cares? The music police? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/desperado.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:22 pm

People get to know each other.Maybe for a long time.Maybe a short time.Some get to know each other and become really close.But time passes and people go different ways for a number of reasons as fate determines.But most often people are not near by each other forever no matter how much they hoped for.Eventually they part company.But the minds holds a memory as a keepsake. Over time the memory returns at certain moments.Sometimes it plays over again or goes away for long spells.But it is always somewhere in the mind.Waiting to be brought forth by some occasion.People get busy with things of the world and the memories are put away until quite and nothing important seems to be going on. Then there they are. {Memory} I like quite spells when nothing else is happening.In this world people get too busy for me.I had fast friends but there were times I avoided them just to cut out the world.I once built a real good amp and had the best of stereo sounds.I stayed in my room and listened to sounds to forget about the world,The Houston traffic and the job. Eventually we shall all become memories {A MEMORY} http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/a%20memory.mp3

Clod

Postby Clod » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:35 am

Clod

Postby Clod » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:36 am

This is the sound of my 650 BSA. Desire wanted to go to the crayfish festival in Lafayette down the old roads because they are more scenic.So off we went.The people in the little towns wave as we pass.They love the sounds.The cops wave and smile.Desire says it has a musical sound.Unlike the Harley hogs and Cummins diesels with loud exhaust. The children run away when those come by.The little old ladies shake their fist and the cops give them the evil eye.If we stop in a little town all the school kids come over to look at the BSA.The high school boys like to look at Desire so I don't linger long.If we go to the cafe the old guys buys our cornbread and buttermik and they say.Drop by on the way back>> THE AWESOME SOUND OF THE BSA.The best little motorcickle England ever made. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/BSA.mp3 Simple.Reliable and fun to drive.There has never been one to match it.Nor will there ever be another on this planet.

Clod

Postby Clod » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:46 pm

I always sit on the porch .Well everybody down south does it,So I don't want to be an outcast,They cut your power and phone if they don't spot you porch sitting frequently.I sit out there yesterday morning and it was 39 degrees.Anything below 70 is way to cold for me. But as my guitar was out there anyway.I thought about summertime and how nice it is to walk under the big oaks along the sandy lane that leads off down to the big forest and swamps. There are all kinds of exotic birds and flowers growing everywhere down there where no one goes. I decided to start another song for summer. Then I thought to move back to Texas away from the Gulf where the wind don't come in so cold.It was so cold I decided to put it off until the Sun came and I warmed up. >>A WALK << http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12470786/a%20walk.mp3

Return to “Audio Board”