Some pictures of the fire aftermath

Here you can post off-topic stuff, jokes etc.
Sub-board: Newbies Nibbles, Feasts, Etc.

Moderator: Patria

tacon1

Some pictures of the fire aftermath

Postby tacon1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:24 pm

If you haven't seen these yet, 28 picture slideshow from the weather channel. They had a drone flyover and you can see all the homes that burned and some that did not. Still amazes me how that happens.

I read that they said the fire tornado at the first part of the fire was at 143mph! How to stop something like that?

https://weather.com/slideshows/news/201 ... re-aerials
tacon1

Gerrit
Enter the number thirty two: 32

Re: Some pictures of the fire aftermath

Postby Gerrit » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:34 pm

tacon1 wrote:They had a drone flyover and you can see all the homes that burned and some that did not. Still amazes me how that happens.
Yeah, really strange, good for those who didn't lose their house but a tragedy for those who did.

tacon1 wrote:I read that they said the fire tornado at the first part of the fire was at 143mph! How to stop something like that?
That's major hurricane strength! With "only" wind and rain it's already horrible, trust me. With fire it's a nightmare of death and destruction.
HP Z220CMT workstation
Core i-7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM - 2x2 1TB RAID1 HD
Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" &
Windows 7 Professional &
Windows 10 Professional

tacon1

Postby tacon1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Gerrit wrote:
tacon1 wrote:I read that they said the fire tornado at the first part of the fire was at 143mph! How to stop something like that?
That's major hurricane strength! With "only" wind and rain it's already horrible, trust me. With fire it's a nightmare of death and destruction.

You bet! That was the first night when it went over the river and burned so many houses in the city. I've never had a hurricane like you have, but like you said winds of that force and fire can't be stopped. It's a miracle that so many people made it out alive.
And when a hurricane is coming there's some warning/time to get ready, but like now, there's fires east and west of me and they seem to know the direction they are burning and can try to control them. However, if the winds created jump up to 140mph all bets are off!
tacon1

Patria
Administrator
Enter the number thirty two: 32

Postby Patria » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Those are some impressive and scary images, my friend.

tac, is your family ok? You?

Return to “The Café Shop”