Ok, I need to ask again: where is every one?

Here you can post off-topic stuff, jokes etc.
Sub-board: Newbies Nibbles, Feasts, Etc.

Moderator: Patria

larry_b

Re: Ok, I need to ask again: where is every one?

Post by larry_b » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:21 am

75 pounds! That's some serious weight loss! I am now down 12 pounds and counting! :D
Larry

A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions--as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all. -- Nietzsche

Patria
Administrator

Post by Patria » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:10 am

Larry, keep at it my friend!

Are you still nursing flowers indoors?

larry_b

Post by larry_b » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:23 am

Patria wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:10 am
Larry, keep at it my friend!

Are you still nursing flowers indoors?
The summer of 2017 was pretty rough for me. I lost almost all of my flowering plant collection. Only five of them survived. But, on the other hand, my collection was somewhat running my life and it is nice to have only a few "high maintenance" plants to care for. Otherwise, we have quite a few "low maintenance" plants that make our house look wonderful.
Larry

A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions--as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all. -- Nietzsche

Patria
Administrator

Post by Patria » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:10 pm

Oh I can relate. For me it's that too many plants, too much work, besides, we are surrounded by all kinds of flowering and fruit trees all year round so I don't miss greenery at all.

Burrhead

Post by Burrhead » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:49 pm

I’m here Patria I just don’t hang around since these boys started slave driving me.

I hope everybody is doing good. Where is Ann?
:smt006 ..................................................[smilie=goldwing.gif]............................................:smt006

larry_b

Post by larry_b » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:42 am

I know! I noticed that Ann wasn't around either. :(
Larry

Mystery_Girl

Post by Mystery_Girl » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:02 pm

These are lovely Larry! :-)
larry_b wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:34 am
Hi Patria,

Happy New Year to you. I am sorry that I have not been around much lately. I do stop in now and then though. Christmas time was very busy. One thing I have been doing is making Scandinavian Christmas Hearts. Here are some of them:

I made around 60 of them for gifts and decorating around the house.

I hope that 2019 is a good year for everyone!

larry_b

Post by larry_b » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:26 am

Hi Mystery_girl,

Thank you! They were really fun to make, but time consuming. Each one takes between 20 minutes to 50 minutes, depending on how much time it takes to cut the strips. Each star is made from four strips of paper. Most of these were made from a kit where the strips were already cut, thus the 20 minutes. The very little ones were made from scraps from making the larger ones. Those took around 45 minutes to 50 minutes total time to make them.

And correction. Those are Scandinavian Christmas Stars. lol I made Christmas hearts too. lol
Larry

Mystery_Girl

Post by Mystery_Girl » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:39 am

Hi Larry -

Thanks for sharing. Would this work with wrapping paper? It would be a fantastic way to recycle it and end up with something special too! :)

Patria
Administrator

Post by Patria » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:40 am

Burrhead wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:49 pm
I’m here Patria I just don’t hang around since these boys started slave driving me.

I hope everybody is doing good. Where is Ann?
Hey Jerry, good to see you, and to hear you had been missing because there is work that needs done by you.

Ann, yeah well, she has to come up for air some time huh. She'll drop by soon.

Patria
Administrator

Post by Patria » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:52 am

Hey Mystery_Girl, the wait for our friends to show up again is paying off; it's great to see you!

And you are right, Larry's Christmas Stars are adorable. He is a very talented man!

larry_b

Post by larry_b » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:54 am

Hi Mystery Girl,

The paper for the stars need to be two sided. They could still be made into stars, but there would be white in weird places. You may try it though. Maybe it will work for you just fine.
Larry

larry_b

Post by larry_b » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:55 am

Patria wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:52 am
Hey Mystery_Girl, the wait for our friends to show up again is paying off; it's great to see you!

And you are right, Larry's Christmas Stars are adorable. He is a very talented man!
Thank you Patria! :)
Larry