Bad News

Here you can post off-topic stuff, jokes etc.
Sub-board: Newbies Nibbles, Feasts, Etc.

Moderator: Patria

Patria
Administrator

Bad News

Post by Patria » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Gerrit is very sick. On Saturday morning he suffered a very bad headache with vomiting and fainting. I took him to the hospital in an ambulance where they performed on him all sorts of tests that concluded massive brain bleeding and inflammation. They called the accident a Subarachnoid Hemorrhage that caused permanent brain damage. An ongoing war with the team of neurosurgeons is what I have been fighting against to keep them from opening Gerrit's head so they can "save his life". I did find an angel of a doctor in an Internist who has become my 'defense lawyer', and one who is high up in the command chain.

Along our almost 20 years of marriage Gerrit made me promise over and over again that I would never allow others to extend his misery, if I could help it.

I am so very sorry to have to tell you this without much tact but I have been trying to compose this post for three days so I could make sense of all of this. My command of the English language gets in the way I'm sure but I know you will understand.

I will come back to you all as soon as I can.

hopeless

Re: Bad News

Post by hopeless » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:51 pm

Patria I'm sending love and strength your way. If Gerrit can understand tell him he is loved and cared about.
Barbara
Hope

Pogo said, “We have met the enemy and he is us.”

Salmoneye

Post by Salmoneye » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Sent you a PM...

Hope you know we are here if you need us...

tacon1

Post by tacon1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:48 pm

Patria, I already replied to you on the other board so I won't repeat it here. Just know that all us Newbies and Homies are thinking about you guys and sending up our prayers.

Tac
tacon1

Patria
Administrator

Post by Patria » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:22 pm

I don't know what to say, or how to answer each and every post.. so I will just say thank you all, my friends.

My brother, Eric, a retired cardiovascular hospital nurse is staying with Gerrit tonight so I could come to my daughter Christina's to sleep in a bed. My daughters, son, siblings, and the rest of my family are coordinating everything so I don't need to get crazy with that.

I just take care of Gerrit.

Peanut

Post by Peanut » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:13 pm

I have few words Patria. I am so sorry to hear this. You know you have our support as our dear friends. Please hang in there. Get some rest. You know how to reach us.
- Peanut/Larry

Patria
Administrator

Post by Patria » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:16 pm

:cry:

larry_b

Post by larry_b » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi Patria,

I am so sorry to hear about this. I am sending all of the good vibes I can to you and Gerrit. I am there for you!

Larry