Roll call.

Here you can post off-topic stuff, jokes etc.
Sub-board: Newbies Nibbles, Feasts, Etc.

Moderator: Patria

larry_b

Roll call.

Post by larry_b » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:09 am

Hi all, :smt006

I noticed that no one has been on the forum for quite a long time. What have you all been up to?

My Birthday is coming up soon. I will be 64. One more year until the really good senior discounts. :lol:

I trashed my knee a few months back. Had to have it drained and shot full of cortisone. I may be looking at a knee replacement in the next few years. Bummer! :shock: :(
Larry

A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions--as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all. -- Nietzsche

Patria
Administrator

Re: Roll call.

Post by Patria » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:44 pm

larry_b wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:09 am
Hi all, :smt006

I noticed that no one has been on the forum for quite a long time. What have you all been up to?

My Birthday is coming up soon. I will be 64. One more year until the really good senior discounts. :lol:

I trashed my knee a few months back. Had to have it drained and shot full of cortisone. I may be looking at a knee replacement in the next few years. Bummer! :shock: :(
Hello Larry! That is indeed a big bummer! Sorry about that... How are you dealing with that knee then?

I'm ok some days, not so some of the others. It's hard to live without him. I keep busy and it seems to work, most days.

I wish our friends would drop by to say hi. Would be nice huh. However, the message board will be shutdown next year anyway, we might as well get used to not posting/read here any more. I know you all miss Gerrit too.

Larry, thanks a bunch, it's wonderful to hear from you!

RickyB

Post by RickyB » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:09 am

I'm here ,just haven't had anything to say.
i'd rather be fishin
Ricky

Patria
Administrator

Post by Patria » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:36 am

RickyB wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:09 am
I'm here ,just haven't had anything to say.

Same here, Ricky - good to hear from you.

larry_b

Post by larry_b » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:57 pm

Well, when there is nothing else to say, there is always the weather. :lol: We have had snowy weather today with a high of 23° F. It is now around 15° F and getting colder. We will be having this same weather for the next three days. They are forecasting a low of 5° F Wednesday night, so we have that to look forward to. I guess winter is here in Denver. You people in the southern regions of the northern hemisphere are probably pretty envious right now, right?

It's hard to believe, but last Friday was two months until Christmas day. Kind of hard to believe. The one thing that is nice though is that there are lots of holidays between now and the first of the year. I love this time of year, family reunions, time with friends and good food.

I am on a new diet. Many of you have heard of Medifast. It is a diet where one buys the food for many of the meals. I have lost 6 pounds this month and am feeling very good. Please wish me luck. I have tried and failed on too many diets in the past. I am really hoping this one will work. The thing about the Medifast diet is that one gets a health coach to help encourage one along the way. My health coach has been invaluable.

Patria, you said that the forum will be brought down next year. Exactly what day will that be?

Well, that's all for now. I hope to hear from more of you soon.
Larry

A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions--as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all. -- Nietzsche

Patria
Administrator

Post by Patria » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:46 am

Larry, I swear I replied to you and on a long post too.

Anyway, I'm ok and staying busy with family and home. I'm also selling the car to get me a better working one.

Gerrit was big on Christmas lights and decorations so I'm making the house ready for the holidays. Last year I had been
running errands all day and when I got home Gerrit surprised me with the outside of the house decorated with lights and the
Christmas tree in the living room and ready to be decorated. This year I'm decorating for him, and of course for my family
and friends who have been doing their best to help me recover from my/our loss.

Larry, good luck with your diet, eh!

shari

Post by shari » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi All, I'm doing well. Weather has been colder than usual. I have my daughter's cat living with me. He's very demanding and expects me to play with him. I keep one of his cat toys in a drawer because it has a long string on it and I don't want him eating the string. He sits on the table and meows, then chases me around until I get it out and play with him.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Dell Vostro 203
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8400
Windows 7
2.66 GHz

Patria
Administrator

Post by Patria » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:30 am

Hi Shari, it's very nice to hear from you.

I watch NBC news from New York and heard it is indeed colder than usual, I know it IS colder than usual here also, for November that is and I love it.

Shari, looks like it's fun fun fun with the cat, eh!

shari

Post by shari » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:16 am

Patria, Are you on Facebook or Instagram? So we can keep in contact once this page expires.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Dell Vostro 203
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8400
Windows 7
2.66 GHz

Patria
Administrator

Post by Patria » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:57 am

shari wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:16 am
Patria, Are you on Facebook or Instagram? So we can keep in contact once this page expires.

Hmm Shari, I have been thinking about opening an Instagram account and now that you mention it I guess I should get to it soon huh...

Ok this is my email address: patria18 at gmail.

I will let you know when I get there!

Oh and I wish you all had a nice Thanksgiving Day..