Bitdefender

Experienced users ( and newbies! ) discuss computer related subjects.

Moderators: Peanut, Gerrit

NoahW

Bitdefender

Post by NoahW » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:55 pm

Bitdefender is running a Leap Year Sale. Any Bitdefender product for $29.00. Nearly every review I read(and I read a bunch of them) rated it one of the best AV-AS, if not the best, there is. Gonna give their Total Security a try. Never used a paid AV or AS in nearly 15 years on the computer. Never had a problem that any of the free stuff couldn't handle, so we will see how this werks out.

Noah W

Salmoneye

Re: Bitdefender

Post by Salmoneye » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Let us know what you think...

NoahW

Post by NoahW » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Old post...new, late review.
Been using BitDefender for 2-3 years now. Regular price was and is $79.00-$89.00+/year, multiple machines, for 1 year. Got it for $29.00+ on special for one year. I was totally pleased with it. There are several modes depending on use(gaming, work, or general web protection). Choose your mode, set to Autopilot and fergit it. It has done a superb job of computer protection. There several features such as Safepay for secure Online Banking, Parental Advisor for kids, File Vault and Wallet for secure file stoeage and Password safekeeping plus Firewall. Easy to work with. They send out emails on specials, so I have been able to keep up a paid subscription for ~$30.00 per year. It will do the job of 3 or 4 other paid and free AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, or Combo programs. The best part about is once it is set up, you can forget about it. Darn near maintence free. Hard to beat for price and security.

Noah W

Mystery_Girl

Post by Mystery_Girl » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:28 am

Hi Noah -

I saw your post and one other (sorry can't remember who wrote it) and decided to try a free version of BD. Yesterday they sent a promo email saying they were giving total security for 24 USD (5 devices) for one year. I decided to give it a try. Will keep everyone posted in a couple of months.